Sunday, November 11, 2012

Technical Difficulties and Catching Up

It's been a few days since I posted. They've been mostly good days, what I can remember of them. I got a lot done (mostly cleaning and organizing). Missed a lot of vitamins and meds and so on. It's been a little busy around here. There's been some technical failures and we had to replace my laptop with another setup. There's been some weather (but nothing like they've had in the Eastern US - thoughts are with you all!), and there's been some appointments and other commitments, but I hope to be back on track now.

My schedule has been thrown into chaos, and I'm trying to get back to it. The thing about my schedule is it's tentative at best, and the domino effect rules it. I miss one thing, it knocks the rest out of synch, and sometimes it takes me days to get everything set back up again.

Let's see. My last blog was Monday. I had that migraine. I did make notes. I have a physical checklist that I use to help me remember what I did and didn't take/do that I use to help me update this blog, so even if I didn't post I still have a record. This blog is mostly a place for me to talk about how my illness affects me and help me remember what the day was actually like. My checklist doesn't do that.

According to my checklist, I did go to the pool Wednesday and Friday. I know I've eaten horribly this week. Sometimes for me it's more about convenience than nutrition, and that's not really helpful at all. I try to keep junk food to a minimum. I eat mostly healthy, but there are times when pizza features too prominently in my diet. This week was one of those times. See the part about being busy.

When I wasn't busy with tidying, I was out getting things I needed to help fix my technical problems. It looks like that was mostly done on Tuesday and Thursday.

I've been sleeping a lot. This happens when my schedule is off. Everything gets thrown into disarray and my patterns are disturbed. I end up staying up far too late and getting up way too early, then getting tired and going back to sleep at times that just exacerbate the issue. Also, I've been pushing hard lately getting things done and going out to appointments and commitments (a friend had a birthday and so on) that I've worn myself out. I need to dial it back and get things under control. With the holidays coming up it's going to get harder. I've agreed to pet-sit for a friend while she's away for Thanksgiving next week, so we'll see how that goes.

So despite not blogging, I have been getting things done. I've had some decent energy, which is likely why I've been doing so much (make hay while the sun shines and all that!), but that's a double-edged sword. I feel good, I do more, it wears me out, I sleep more, get up with energy, do more...you get it. Overall this week has been pretty good, despite missing vitamins and meds and such. I'm trying to reset now.

I have an appointment with my doctor this week. He's going to do some bloodwork and check other things out. I hope to have a daily report post tonight, but with the way things have gone lately, I'm not sure that's going to happen. We'll see.

Until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't want any advice, "try this/have you tried," or any medical opinions. Anything else, feel free to comment!